Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm obssessed with guacamole

I just made my second batch of the week and I ate it all by myself. It was delicious!! I'm pretty proud of myself because I've never made it before and although it wasn't rocket science (which I might be good at) it took some skill. I might have cut myself (twice) but it was so worth it!

I took the avocados and cut them in half long ways around the pit. Then you twist the halves and pull them apart. Put your knife into the pit and carefully twist the knife to loosen the pit and pull it out. Make a grid inside each half with the knife and scoop out all of the flesh with a spoon. Add lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Mix everything together while mashing the avocado with a fork until smooth.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you add some diced onion and diced tomato and fresh cilantro it really kicks it up a notch as well.