Monday, September 14, 2009

PT Cruiser in flight

Saturday night I was exhausted. By 9pm I was ready for bed. I was enjoying a sinfully long sleep when my sister woke me up at about 5am. I immediately thought something was wrong and I got up to see what was going on.

She said there was an accident around the corner that had woken her up. We went down in our PJ's to check out the situation. I honestly couldn't believe what I saw. The road adjacent to our house makes a 90 degree turn. The bay is right there and there's a marina on the corner. This girl in a PT Cruiser failed to turn and continued straight, over the curb, into the air and up onto the bulkhead. Her car was literally teetering and pointing down towards the water.

I can't even wrap my mind around how what I saw is possible. She had to be going well over 50 mph to be able to get on top of the 2+ ft bulkhead. She hit it so hard that she pushed it in and her oil pan burst--which sent oil spilling into the water and all over the jet ski's and boats that were just feet away.

When the cops asked her if she was drunk she said, "I'm not stuipd or Irish." Lovely. So she was saying I'm not stupid enough to admit I was driving drunk and I'm not Irish therefore I must not be drunk. How logical!!!! The girl also said that she thought she was going over the Cape May bridge and that's why she didn't brake. This is just goes show how out of it she was because the Cape May bridge was miles and miles away...not even close.

Thank God that no one was walking their dog or anything on the street or on the sidewalk when she did that. What.an.idiot.

1 comment:

Erin said...

AMAZING! My H witnessed a drunk driver flip her car a few months ago. Now he's being questioned by the cops and lawyers because he was a witness. I hope everyone was ok... could have been really tragic!