Saturday, December 19, 2009

Catching up

Due to today's snow, I feel like I've really been able to catch up on alot of things. I cleaned out my DVR queue, which had some pretty old shows in there. I fixed the hem on two of my work pants that had been sitting, balled up, in the bottom of my closet. I finally made some Christmas cookies. I love the Nestle swirled milk and white chocolate chips. They.are.amazing!!!! And always a hit at parties. I also hung up some clothes that had been laying around as well as some stray Christmas cards that needed to go up on our front door.

Some updates on life in general:
-I passed my class for the semester...thank god!
-Mr. B and I are planning on putting our house on the market in the spring (as long as everything else goes as planned)
-I recently got a bonus, which had great timing (Merry Christmas!)
-And the BIG news....I got a raise!!!!!! Believe me, we are definitely counting our blessings. I know that alot of people are struggling and losing their jobs; we are so lucky to work at a place where they are still promoting and hiring people.

Tonight was supposed to be Mr. B's family Christmas dinner, but due to the beautiful and plentiful snow, it was postponed until next Sunday. I was totally bummed because I was going to make some pumpkin cheesecake, but I'm kind of glad after seeing how bad the roads were today. We made it to the gym before they closed at 1pm and coming home was treacherous and slow.

Since the snow is supposed to continue tomorrow, I'll most likely give the house a good cleaning and work on a baby blanket I've been messing with since October. I made a super cute skinny, striped scarf for a friend's birthday present, but of course, I didn't get to take any pictures before I wrapped it up. I liked it so much, I might just make one for myself :)

No comments: