Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Being Away




In my old job I used to travel at least twice a month. I absolutely hated it. I mean, at first it was great…you get to see new places and travel on your employer's dime, but then the little things started to get to me. Like not being home to see friends that were in town and missing birthdays. Not to mention eating out every single meal and just being completely exhausted.

My new job doesn't really have me traveling much, but when I do it's usually local or to a fun place (like Spain!). This week I had to make a quick jaunt down to DC to go to some meetings. The trip hasn't been bad so far…I got to see one of my cousins that lives here, so that was a plus, but I can't help but think I'm so happy I don't do this for a living. I'm a creature of habit and I miss my boring same ol' same ol' life. I miss my husband and going to the gym…I miss being in my own bed and eating the same food I always eat. I'm boring, but I'm ok with that.

- Mrs. B

No comments: