Friday, August 7, 2009

Tuesday

On Tuesdays I go into work later because I have class and stay until 5pm. So I'm driving into work, approaching my exit and this guy is going extremely slow in the right hand lane. I can see the light has just changed up ahead, so when the exit lane opens I gun it to make the light.

All of a sudden I hear this loud thud on my left hand side and I thought that something got kicked up (they're doing construction) and hit my drivers' side door. I looked and there was nothing wrong with it, so I continued on my merry way to work.

That morning was really busy. I had a meeting for 2 hours and then I went out to lunch with a friend. During this time I did not go back to my desk or my car. So it's now 2pm, I'm finally getting to my desk and I see this email that says "Tan Honda" in the subject line and immediately I know it's my car and that something is wrong with it. Inside the email it says that the back drivers side window is completely shattered. WONDERFUL.

I run outside in the sweltering heat and walk the 2miles to my GD car and there sitting all over the ground is that stupid blue-green glass. I look up and there's barely any glass left in the damn window. I'm guessing that there was a crack from whatever hit it and the insane heat made it expand and explode. I mean really explode because there was glass everywhere in the car.

Naturally, I panic and get upset because I have a big presentation that night for class. I swear that bad things happen when I'm already preoccupied with something else. I call a few people and get some quotes and my deductible is more than the cost of the window. I made an appointment for a guy to come out and fix it and took off work Wednesday. Granted, I could have had the guy to come my office the next day, but who doesn't want a guilt free day off of work??

The GlassMax guy came earlier than expected and it took him about an hour. Now my lovely window is good as new and my coworkers are never going to let me live this down.

No comments: