Friday, October 30, 2009

I'm pissed...

I'm pissed because I can't stay awake for the life of me to watch an entire Phillies game.

I'm pissed because I studied and studied for my midterm and did less than spectacular. I knew the material but kept second guessing myself.

I'm pissed that I have to be away from Mr. B on my birthday and have to spend it with virtual strangers that think a good meal comes from a chain restaurant like Friendly's. {gag}

I'm pissed that it's been raining so much and I haven't been able to enjoy the fall weather.

I'm pissed that stupid little things like this piss me off so much. I've tried. I've tried to be a less tense person. I've tried not being so high-strung and type A, but it really doesn't help do anything but get me more frustrated at the people that go through life so haphazardly and get by. It's not fair, not fair, not fair.

The only thing that helps on days like these is going to the gym and watching trashy reality shows. So that's what I'm doing on my day off, with ten dozen other chores thrown in because I'm like that....can't sit still for more than 10 minutes. Mr. B says I'm going to give myself a heart attack, but amazingly my blood pressure is always well under the 'recommended' numbers. Last time I went to the dr. (2 weeks ago) it was 110/60....a regular reading is 120/80.

Thank god for the gym and healthy eating (and the occasional glass, or 4, of wine). They keep me sane and keep me going. Mr. B always plays a big part too...love him. Last weekend we were talking to a guy at a 30th birthday party and he stopped mid-sentence and said to me,"You really do love him, don't you? I can see it in the way you look at him...what a lucky guy." I was floored and blushed insanely. And then Mr. B says, "I know I'm lucky...she picked me. She's smarter than anyone else in here and she's beautiful." True story, no lie. I'm still giddy thinking about it now. Yes, be jealous...be very jealous :-)

No comments: