Sunday, October 11, 2009

Restaurant Review: Tinto

Mr. B and I also visited Tinto, which is owned by the same guy that owns Amada. We were a few minutes early for our reservation, so we stopped at Whiskey Village next door for a drink. Whiskey Village was alot of fun and the food and drink menu looked great. We wanted to just stay there....ha ha ha.

At Tinto, they stuck us in a far corner right above the stairs. Every time someone went up and down the stairs they ran and it sounded like a herd of elephants. Not very pleasant. The tables were so small that when they brought food, which they practically threw at us, the table was overflowing and we could barely pick our glasses up to drink.

One of the memorable dishes was a light salad with fried goat cheese on the side. I could have eaten a million of those goat cheese things. So delicious! We also got a pitcher of sangria, which always makes the food taste good :)

Mr. B got some mussels in a Basque (red tomato sauce), which was just ok, but the huge stones that I got in 2 out of the 3 mussels that I had were not good. I literally thought I broke a tooth. That kind of thing kind of takes away from the experience.

I'm not going to go through the rest of the food, because nothing was really that great (except for the goat cheese and sangria). I don't think we'd ever go back here again. I'd much rather go to Amada or Bar Ferdinand or just stay at Whiskey Village ;-)

2 stars (if only for the sangria and goat cheese)

No comments: