Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Beware of the Pirate at UPS!

Funny story...I asked Mr. B to drop off some packages at UPS yesterday. I figured it would be harmless enough and it would save me some time since he gets home before me. I get home from work and the first thing out of his mouth is that he's never going to UPS ever again and that I 'Set him up.'

Now, I've been to this same UPS probably 20 times to drop off shoes to be returned and I've never had a problem. He goes in there and the guy at the desk has an eye patch on--Mr. B said that he could see the guy's eye because the patch wasn't even on right and that his eye looked fine. The guy didn't like the one box I had used because he said it was 'soft', so he charged Mr.B $8 for a new damn box. Right there I would have said, "No thanks, I'll take it to the damn post office." But Mr. B said fine, I'll pay for the new box. The guy then says, "Excuse me sir, I have to sneeze." He then proceeded to sneeze and then said, "Excuse me sir, I have to use hand santizer." He used his bottle of hand sanitizer.

At this point, I'm sure Mr. B was looking around for the hidden camera waiting for me to jump out and say, "Gotcha!", but the fun continued when he put the 'soft' box in a new box, sealed it up, asked Mr. B to take the tape off of his finger and then asked Mr. B if he knew the address that was on the box. Nope. So now they're reopening the box to get the address. Oh, God.

Box #1 is taken care of, now onto box #2. This is his dad's Christmas present. The guy looks at the name on the package and recognizes the last name from when Mr. B told him the return address.
The guy asks, "Is that your brother in Ohio?"
Mr. B says, "No, it's my father."
The guy asks, "When was the last time you saw him?"
Perplexed, Mr. B says, "A couple of months ago."
The guy then asks, "Did you see him there or he came here?"
At this point, I'm surprised Mr. B didn't just walk out, but he said, "Here." and the guy thought that was sufficient enough to the end coversation. He also made it a point to tell him that the one package was close enough that it would have been less expensive to drive it over ourselves. Gee, thanks for the advice UPS package guy!!!

When he told me this story, I was on the floor laughing so hard I was crying. Mr. B just gave me this "I hate you so much for making me do that"-look. Never again will you find Mr. B in a UPS store due to this Twilight zone occurence.

No comments: