Monday, December 22, 2008

Family Christmas I

Last night we had our first Christmas celebration. It was with my mom's side of the family at my grandmom and grandpop's house. We had some appetizers, wine, and then a light dinner and some small desserts.

I was really not looking forward to going because my stupid cousin that tried to make out with me at my wedding and then actually fell on top of me on the dance floor was going to be there. Of course, he brought another trashy girlfriend who pretended that she had been part of the family all along. She didn't even come over to say hi. Eff her. She looked like she was 18 going on 50, but then I heard that she has a 22 year old daughter with 2 kids (3 and 2 months) and they all live with her, along with my cousin. Wonderful...more white trash. I made it a point to avoid my cousin and her all night by staying on the couch and walking all the way around the kitchen instead of walking by them. Ugh...I could not wait to leave. It didn't help that the food made Mr. B and I sick last night.

I'm definitely looking forward to Christmas II though, because that involves good wine, good food and useful presents. I mean, I can appreciate good wine, even cheap wine, but what do I really need with scratched wine glasses, a set of paper Christmas napkins and a single votive candle. Really, next time don't go around your house and throw a bunch of crap into a bag. Just give me the wine and be done with it. Maybe I sound bitter and petty, but after 26 years of craptastic gifts I've run out of nice things to say about them.

No comments: