Sunday, July 12, 2009

Look how amazing the cookies turned out!

My mom's surprise 50th party is coming up and we wanted to do a cute little favor for the guests. After seeing how cute Brown Eyed Baker's sugar cookies turned out, I thought I'd give them a try. Friday I made the dough and she wasn't kidding when she said that it was a sticky dough. I had to put the dough and the trays in the freezer every 5 minutes to keep it from sticking to the wax paper permanently.

I made a double batch and split it into 4 balls of dough and it only made 37 cookies...WTF? I had to make a third batch and that gave me another 17 cookies. All day Saturday, sis and I outlined and then flooded the cookies. We literally worked from 9am to 5pm. I was going stir crazy!! Thank God Mr. B helped out too or we would have never finished...

I think they turned out amazing though, and I don't think I'd ever do it again unless I was getting paid for it. LOL

Here are some pictures of us slaving over the cookies and some of the results...please ignore my bedhead.






No comments: