Monday, June 1, 2009

Intern of the Year

Today was my first day back to work after my vacation (boo!) and my intern's first day (meh.). I knew it was going to be a rough day, but I really had no clue. My intern had several infarctions throughout the day. Let's just say that if he was given 3 strikes, he would have been out by 10am...and he started at 8am.

Strikes
  1. Wearing shorts--it's your first day working in a government office. Who wears shorts and sneakers?? What is wrong with you?
  2. Asking if we're going to hire you to work hourly after your 10 weeks are up--We barely know you and who the eff do you think you are???
  3. Assuming that you can use our fridge--Again, who do you think you are?
  4. Calling us racist because we say we don't want to get lost in Camden--Fact: Camden is one of the, statistically, most dangerous cities in the nation. My great-grandmother got beat up, robbed and pushed down a flight of stairs in Camden. You.know.nothing.
  5. Saying,"You already know what you want so why don't you just tell me so I don't have to pull it out of you."--Once again, who do you think you are??? You are in college. You obviously have no real world experience. You know nothing. You should be happy to have a summer job--at all. Shape up or shut up :P
This was the extent of my day. No wonder I have a massive headache.

No comments: