Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ohio

We made it! Back and fourth in a little over 24 hours, which makes Mrs. B a very cranky girl. We arrived at the Cincinatti airport, which is actually in Kentucky, at about 11:30am yesterday. Mr. B's dad's friend (Mike), who organized the party, picked us up and we went to a brunch place called First Watch. I was a little leery because it looked like Denny's, but the food was excellent. I got an extremely fresh glass of grapefruit juice and I ordered a Key West Crepe. The crepe came with bacon (yum!), smoked turkey, avocados, and some kind of cheese. It was really good!

After that we went on the never ending cake search. Mike hadn't gotten a cake yet and we ended up going to 5!!! different places. He took us on a tour of downtown Newport, KY, which was really nice and reminded me of Olde City. We checked out a super famous ice cream shop, Graeters, and the nice girl at the counter gave us some free samples. I loved their Black Raspberry Chip. It was to die for! It made me want to franchise a Graeters in SJ--any backers?? LOL

We didn't find a cake, but we decided to go to a huge Krogers on the way to the party. Mike took us back to his house and we met his doggie, Thunder. Thunder is super old, but really cute. He was also very well endowed for a little Yorkie--it was very strange. We got changed and headed over to the Krogers. I've never been in a Krogers, but it seemed nice. They were having a wine tasting--I love grocery stores that sell liquor! :)

We got to the party and were introduced to everyone. Mr. B's dad came about an hour later and had absolutely no clue about the party, let alone us flying in. He walked in and you could tell just by the look on his face that we duped him! We were hiding around the corner behind the fridge, so he didn't see us until he walked in and talked to a few people. I thought he was going to have a heart attack! The party was nice and I've deducted that people from Ohio are really nice!


This morning we went to The Original Pancake House. I had chocolate chip pancakes and they were good, but a little too sweet :( Overall, the trip was pretty good. I'm glad we went. It was nice to see Mr. B's dad and meet my step mother-in-law and their 6 crazy dogs. I have to say that I am pooped and desperately want to take a day off tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy hell six dogs!