Monday, June 29, 2009

The Welt Under My Eye

Is from a damn Japanese beetle (the potato beetle things) that decided to fly into my. Directly into my eye. At the time, I had a gallon of water in one hand and a bag of groceries in the other. My gut reaction was to get said beetle out of my eye ASAP so I literally punched myself in the face to get the little effer out.

Now I have a wonderful welt under my left eye that may turn into a glorious black eye. I cannot wait. Let me tell you how great that will look for my presentation tomorrow and Wednesday. Oh boy, oh boy!!

I really wonder if the world is against me sometimes. I mean, who has a huge ass beetle fly INTO their eye?! I could feel his legs scraping against my contact lens. I think that was the only thing keeping me from a scratched cornea.

I'm off to ice it and pray that there's no bruising.

No comments: