Monday, October 20, 2008

Pittsburgh, well not quite

This weekend Mr. B and I went to a wedding up in Pittsburgh. Originally, we were supposed to drive up with Mr. B's friends, but one thing led to another and we ended up flying to Pittsburgh instead of braving the 5+ hour drive there and back. Our flight was on Southwest and it was great. Probably one of the easiest flights I've taken in a long, long time.

We got to the hotel at about 4pm and quickly realized that our hotel was not really in the city. It was in the Boro of Green Tree, which looks pretty damn ghetto if you ask me. I was not impressed. We were hoping we could walk somewhere, but with all of the damn hills and all of the businesses we couldn't go anywhere. It was also about 20 degrees colder than Philly, which we were not prepared for. The hotel room was ok...definitely not the best hotel I've stayed in and it needed a good scrubbing if you ask me.

Mr. B's friend came and picked us up at about 6pm and we went over to see his house. It's a 2-story, 4 bed 2.5 bath with a 2 car garage and a basement. He got it a year ago for what I paid for my condo in 2006. Not fair. I just can't believe how different the market is, but having been up there for 3 days I can't imagine wanting to live there. Everything just looks so old and it seems kind of hard to get around.

We went to dinner with Brian and his wife (they got married in Hawaii in Sept) and then they took us back to the hotel. We slept in until about 9, which was amazing, and then we went out to breakfast with Mr. B's friend's that were also coming up. We went to this pancake house in the middle of nowhere. I had some very delicious pumpkin pancakes. I could go for some more right now. We got back to the hotel and decided to get a quick workout in and then go in the hot tub and pool. We got ready for the dinner and got shuttled over to the restaurant.

It was your typical Italian restaurant stuck in the 90's with all of that flowery mauve and grey styled decor. The food was ok, but our waiter was amazing. Everytime my glass was empty he was bringing me a new one. Dangerous. I have no clue how much I drank, but at the end of the night I was sucking down waters like you wouldn't believe. There was an awesome selection of music and Mr. B and I were dancing to almost every song. At one point the DJ put on some Bon Jovi and all of the 'Jersey' people were rocking out. I think we sang the entire song louder than the actual music. We were def obnoxious, but we had an amazing time so whatever!

We got back to the hotel and jus about passed out. Probably about 30 minutes after we got to our room we heard Mr. B's friends outside banging on doors. They were trashed and beligerent, but went away eventually. We got up the next morning around 9am and left for Jersey. We rode back with one of Mr. B's friends and we made it in like 5 hours...which is crazy considering we were stuck in some traffic and we stopped for 20 minutes at a rest stop. I still feel like crap, but we had a great weekend :)

No comments: