Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Yoga is Not Easy

So after a really busy day at work yesterday I didn't feel like dragging myself to the gym. Mr. B and I did a yoga DVD that I've had for eons, but never used. It's called beginner's yoga so I figured they'd go easy on us...I was so wrong. I was sore before the workout even ended! The lady running the class was uber annoying too. She had this fake, I'm-trying-to lull-you-to-sleep voice and these stupid comments. I like the lady on On-Demand yoga much better.

Maybe it was so hard because I've really only been doing weight lifting and some cardio. I definitely need to increase my flexibility because I couldn't even get my heels to the floor in downward dog position. The other girls on the video were insanely flexible--I was jealous. I'm surprised that I'm not that sore today. Just in the legs a little bit.

Today's my sister's 21st birthday! I feel so old! I'm supposed to meet up with my parents and her at The Landmark by her school for some drinks. I have class tonight, so I'm going to be exhausted tomorrow. I just hope we get out a little early...

No comments: